A massive congratulations to our Dutch friends over at Rising Caliber who have flawlessly made their way through the Bootcamp Division to claim their first first win.
From what we have seen of these guys in action, they are arguably the most improved team and we know they have their eyes set on a back to back title as they head into the Allstars Cup event on Wednesday 15th May. Rising Caliber have also expanded their line-up and will be fielding a 2nd team in time for the cup.
We ran through a Q&A with the guys over at Rising Caliber to catch up and see how they thought their season went and what they are looking forward to as they head into their next chapter as a team.
@CaliberRising – Follow them on Twitter and keep upto date with all Rising Calibers latest news.
1) How does it feel knowing you are the winner of the EUCGL Boot camp division – season 2? it feels fantastic! We had a completely new formed team before the start of season 2. So we did not know what to expect before the season. We gave every game 100% for the win!
2) Who was the toughest opponent you faced this season? our toughest opponent was eRaze Gaming, they had a very good first 2 rounds, better then any other team for us.
3) Do you plan to enter season 3? Rising Caliber will grow up to 2 teams for season 3, so we join season 3 with 2 teams!
4) Who would you say has had the strongest season on your team? And why? I think that our best player can be only one, and that is samkleine! This young man from 18 years old practice every day with players from Midnight (Pro Team) en had a really amazing gunskill! Gonna be a waste of time that he moved to pro player!
5) Was there any stage of a game where you thought you wasn’t going to win? No, also against eRaze at 0-2 behind, be had the feeling to win!
6) Is there any team you think may be a challenge for next season? Invictus Gaming and TSU eSports
7) What do you think of all the changes that are going to be implemented into season 3? The completely new format is something that we like! The EUCGL had to do this, because a lot of teams has reorganised, so its very difficult to know how good a team is. So if you keep the same format, its very difficult to make different levels league’s, because you don’t know how good a team is!
8 What keeps you guys motivated for your games? Fun in the game! Even if we win or loss!
9) What is key in the making of a title winning team like yourself? Have a good mental coach/manager, because this game is 60% mental!
10) Describe your team in three words. Supportive, Fair, Not-arrogant
11) If there was one thing you could change about this season what would it be? Playing fixtures on a Tuesday
12) how do you guys prepare for a league game? Have fun, taking about tactics, talking about roles, and relax
13) how will your team celebrate your win? Drinking a lot of beer:-)